Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 1, 2008

    Face and Body Art International Convention (FABAIC) 2008

    I'm back home and almost recovered after my trip to Florida to visit FABAIC 2008 which was held 21st - 25th May in Orlando. (http://www.fabaic.com/fabai_home.html)

    I was invited to be an instructor by the convention organiser, Marcella Murad (Mama Clown). She had attended a workshop I gave at the UK Face and Body Art Convention (http://www.facepaintingconvention.co.uk/convention/index.php) in 2006 on how to face paint Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and then asked me to go to FABAIC and run the workshop there!

    Here's a picture from 2006 of Len and Sharon face painted as a Power Ranger and TMNT!! They were great models.


    Obviously with almost two years passed I had to update what I offered so we did the latest Power Rangers, which in the US is Jungle Fury, Iron Man and a TMNT with a full mouth grin so that it could be adapted for The Hulk. Marvel are getting a lot of their charactors on the screen at the moment and us face painters have got to keep up! LOL!


    I did a demo session as well which was about using light to create depth and dimension in bases. I wasn't sure how that one had gone, but a few people came up to me afterwards and were really enthused about the ideas I'd presented, so I'm hopeful that the class was useful.

    Whilst I was at the convention I got to jam in the body painting room with my new friend Paola Paredes-Shenk (http://www.a-1partyartists.com/). We created a star gazer lily inspired design on a gorgeous model who was one of the attendees of the convention. I worked on the lilies whilst Paola created the flowing background. This was one of the highlights of the convention for me as I'm always happiest when I'm painting and creating - especially in good company!

    One of the other highlights was taking part in the Bodies Alive! production which was created and directed by Christopher Agostino and his wife Lorraine. I'll write more about that soon!

    Helen

    No comments: